Friday, April 12, 2013

Ethiopia has stolen my heart!!  (as if you guys didn't realize that already!)  My heart was broken by God for the children of Ethiopia as He lead us on a spiritual journey of adoption.  Adoption began for us because of the desire to add another child to our family.  Now I feel God is leading us to help where the need is greatest.  I have heard it said before, I need Africa more than Africa needs me.   I am beginning to understand what that truly means.  We all need Africa!!  We all need to have our hearts broken for the orphan, the widow and the least of these!  Ethiopia has over 4.5 million orphans and I have seen for myself the tremendous needs of the children who are living in poverty, children who desperately need someone to speak on their behalf.


My urgency to get back to Ethiopia is in God's hands.  God has heard my willing heart and now I need to pray like crazy and wait patiently for Him to lead.   I need to listen like I have never listened before as to what God is calling our family to do.  In the meantime, I will do all in my power to spread the word of the needs of the families and children living in Ethiopia.  There is certainly no turning back now!!


"Learn to do good.  Seek justice. Help the oppressed.  Defend the orphan.  Fight for the rights of widows."                                                                         Isaiah 1:17



**this was going to be my final post but I had it ready so I'm posting early.*
  

No comments:

Post a Comment