Saturday, February 9, 2013



We are headed back to Ethiopia!  This time to follow the vision God has placed in my heart to care for the children there.  It is a dream of mine since leaving Ethiopia in March 2011, to be able to spend time with the poor and the oppressed, to love them and to display the love Jesus has for them.

I haven’t always been patient in waiting for this day.  I often thought, why not now, why is this not happening!  I want to go, I want to be there!   But the Lord says in  Habakkuk, “these things I plan won’t happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely,  the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.  If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.”   This trip has always been in my prayers and on my mind, and at times I thought it may never happen.  God may seem slow to us, but he is never late!  It is in His perfect timing that our journey is just beginning.

This trip means so much to me.  Sometimes I am filled with so much excitement, I want to shout and scream with joy!  But I’ll leave that up to Mischa!  Every day she kicks her legs up in the air shouting “I can’t wait, I can’t wait!!  How many more days?”  The countdown is on for the whole family, with Mischa telling us every evening how many more days are left until we leave.  I can’t believe the day will soon be here, when my family and I will get to travel 8,ooo miles to show the children in Ethiopia there is a hope for them.  That they have a Savior whose name is Jesus and He loves them very much.  I’m not sure where we will be visiting or what we’re supposed to be doing while we are there, but I know I want to help.  A journey to the heart of God start's with a single step and hopefully many more.

We are a little family with a BIG heart for the people in Ethiopia.  2+5=7 family members on a mission to serve the Lord in Ethiopia!

3 comments:

  1. I can really hear the excitement that you and your family have for this trip in your writing. I cant believe how much Mussie has changed since he has to come here to join the family! I hope everything goes as you plan on this journey and perhaps some day I will be brave enough to make this trip with you. Cant wait to hear more. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honored to know your family! You are all such beautiful souls. Wish you have safe travels. Be Well. Be Blessed Fischer Family! Post lots of pictures! The Haen Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle & Steve, you have such a beautiful family. Doug & I are so happy to have you as our neighbors. God bless you all. Enjoy every moment of your trip! We look forward to following your blog. It's such a wonderful message to teach our girls. Maddie & Gracie loved all of the pictures ... especially the one that Emily drew of Steve getting his shots :) Safe travels!! The Kohanski Family

    ReplyDelete