Tuesday, March 5, 2013

List of Medical Supplies


          ** Some people have been questioning “What are the items for the medical clinic?"
            And “Where do we send the donations?” **

The following is the list of supplies needed for the medical clinic that we’ll be purchasing and traveling with to Ethiopia.  These supplies are in regards to the Feb. 11th post, Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours.  The purchasing of these items will help restock the shelves in the medical clinic that is being operated by a woman working in the village of Korah.  She has emailed me the list and I would like to share it with you.  We want to be able to provide these items for her but we’re going to need the help of your generous contributions.

Anti-dandruff or anti-fungal shampoo
Hydrocortisone cream
Topical anti-fungal cream
Coban wrap
Acne face wash/antibacterial soap
Pill pouches - found in the medial supply section at Walmart or Target
Cough suppressant (ex:  Dextromorphan)
Children’s cough and cold medicine
Natural Honey Elixir cough and cold medicine for small children and toddlers
Adult and children multivitamins
Travel size toothpaste
Children and adult allergy meds ( non drowsy, like Zyrtec)

 I feel very uncomfortable asking for donations, but I have such a strong passion to “care for the least of these” that I feel it is absolutely worth every prayer, every thought, every opportunity I have used asking for your help.  We are asking that you purchase the items from the list or send monetary donations that will be used to purchase these items.  Please pray, and if you feel in your heart that you are being led to donate, contact me through email.   Onefamilyonemission@gmail.com.  I will respond with the address to mail your donations.  I will update the blog after we have purchased and received all of the supplies.  I will also journal our visit to Korah and the time we spend with the children there.  I’m going to feel so proud handing her the supplies that she is in need of, knowing that our family and friends in America helped in such a tremendous way!!

Sorry to have to put a date to when we need the supplies, but with our trip fast approaching, I don’t want anyone to miss the opportunity to purchase a gift for our neighbors on the other side of the ocean!!  Anyone who would like to donate please send by March 15th!

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  Your generosity is sooo appreciated!!


Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  As it is written:

                           “They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
                       Their righteousness endures forever.”  2 Corinthians 9:7-9



               I thought I'd share the song that I was talking about in that same post.  Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment